CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thursday 13 Summer Style


Thirteen Things I love about the summer!


1. The Beach! I don't get to go that often but just walking on the boardwalk makes me happy!

2. Fresh fruit! There is nothing better than super juicy watermelon, nectarines and pineapples!

3. Time off of school, this really wasn't the case this year, but usually that is a favorite part of my year. :)

4. Catching up on reading! I absolutely love to read, but I just don't have the time during the school year. Once I get a second you will find me reading constantly, I usually have two or three books going at once. :)

5. Vacation! We don't always take our vacations during the summer but, this year we are. Pismo Beach here we come. I posted some pictures from earlier trips in the previous post so go check those out. It is so beautiful there.

6. Just being outside. Not when it is boiling out, but in the early morning or evening, just makes me happy. Like tonight, the moon was so beautiful I didn't want to come in.

7. Shredding!! Yeah, this is an interesting one. At the end of the school year I usually have a ton of papers that need to be shredded, along with all the bills/checks/credit card crap that we get during the year. Now, I do shred during the year, but it just doesn't always get done in a timely manner so, it builds up. Yuck!

8. My birthday of course!! And my sister's too! Nothing like summer birthdays.

9. Cookouts. This is the only time my hubby cooks! I prep, marinate and chop and he grills his little heart out. It's quite nice.

10. Air conditioning. 'nuff said

11. Going to the park to feed the ducks and geese.

12. These last two will be things I hate: SUNBURNS

13. Bug bites!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



7 comments:

Tink said...

I love summer too! As long as it isn't too hot, that is... The beach is great to me every season, especially when you have dogs. I enjoy walking with them along the beach and in the dunes.
Thanks for visiting my wiccan TT!

CC said...

Thanks for visiting me. I lurve summer!

I'm an adoptive mom of 2. If you have any questions, ask away! ;)

Arlene said...

I have been to Pismo Beach a few times, it is very nice. Do you get the clam chowder at splash?

Shannon said...

Arlene- Splash cafe is one of the reasons we go back! I love their bread bowls...YUM!

Amy @ The Q Family said...

I grew up where it's Summer all year long so I'm not the fond of the heat. But I love the fact that we can do so many activities outside.

Love the beach too! :)

Thanks for stopping by The Q Family.

0 said...

Wow, some of those bring back great memories. I hope you get to enjoy all of them this year! Thanks for stopping by.

http://www.slackingoverachiever.blogspot.com

K said...

The beach, fresh fruit, and my birthday (in Aug.) are all things I like about summer too!