CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Once upon a time...

I was just reminiscing with my mom about this story and I thought I would share it here. I was a rotten kid. :)
In a far, far away land. Ok, maybe not that far away, about 3,000 miles from where I now call home. I had a neighbor that kept two ducks, a boy and a girl, in a tiny pen. She fed them regularly and they laid eggs frequently, but she never, ever let them out of the pen. I was the only kid in the neighborhood so I used to go visit (bother) the older neighbors, frequently. So, one day my cousin came to visit and I had the bright idea for us to go and ask this elderly lady for some of her duck eggs, mind you, I was about seven years old. She wasn't home and her husband didn't like to fool around with the animals so he told us to wait until she got back from the store. Well, in my seven year old mind, which was a bit twisted, I thought well if he didn't want to give me the eggs I would get them myself. Let me just state for the record, these ducks were mean, you probably would be too if you were locked up in a tiny pen all day and all night. I tried to reach my hand in to get and egg, but they started hissing and trying to peck me. I got mad so I pushed my fingers through the wire mesh and broke all three of the eggs. I told my cousin not to tell and off we went to terrorize the neighborhood.
Later that night my mom got a call from my Aunt who told her that my cousin was so upset about what happened (in other words, she told on me) so of course I got 'grounded,' and wasn't allowed to go to my neighbors house again.

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh boy! That sounds like a 7 year olds rationing! I've never had duck eggs though, it sounds interesting :)