CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fun!


I had such a wonderful birthday! My hubby has to be the sweetest man in the world! He bought me a cake a few days earlier so I could enjoy it, throughly. Today, we went out to dinner, Red Lobster, and went running around the mall for a few hours. I just love that my birthday is always untraditional. Growing up it was the same thing every year, don't get me wrong I LOVED the tradition, but now that I'm an adult it is fun to do something new every year. We went to Vegas one year, Pismo Beach another, Go-Kart racing, Mini Golf at this amazing course that had waterfalls and all kinds of great obstacles, and many more, it is always a blast. Thank you hubby!!
One thing that I thought was funny is that we went to the mall because they were having a going out of business sale at Linen & Things. I have never been there before so I didn't know what to expect. Well, I could understand why they were going out of business. I couldn't believe the prices! They were all marked down 30%, but they were charging $12-$20 for cheap looking toothbrush holders!?! What?! The thing that made me laugh was that there were shower curtain hooks, plastic ones. They had this little sticker on it saying they were $4.99, with 30% markdown, making it about $3.50. Well, that little sticker was an older one, so they put a black slash mark through the price and put a new one the other side saying $12.99! So, that's how they make money?? Raising the price before the going out of business sale. Idiots. Needless to say I didn't buy anything from there. I did go to Ross and found a really pretty gold/tan material shower curtain for only $7! Whoot!

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

Haha, raising prices in a going out of business sale? No wonder they're going out of business!!