CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 1, 2008

Book List

I was going through my blogroll today and over at And so she blogs, I found this cute little book list. I am a self proclaimed book whore. I love to read almost anything. Anything that has nothing to do with learning something valuable. I go to school, I read enough of that crap during those hours, when I want to read, I want to fill my brain with dramatic chick lit. You know the kind: I want the corner office and to screw my neighbor, my boyfriend, my neighbors boyfriend...oh wait there's shoes! Yep, that's what I like. So, I stole this list and I will put the books I have read in purple.



1. Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Rebecca Wells (I have no idea why though)
2. East of Eden, John Steinbeck
3. Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, David Sedaris
4. The New Kings of Nonfiction, Ira Glass
5. Lulu Meets God and Doubts Him, Danielle Ganek
6. White Teeth, Zadie Smith
7. Then We Came to the End, Joshua Ferris
8. Prodigal Summer, Barbara Kinglosver
9. The Secret Life of Bees, Sue Monk Kidd
10. A Girl Named Zippy, Haven Kimmel
11. Welcome to the World, Baby Girl!, Fannie Flagg
12. Ella Minnow Pea: A Novel in Letters, Mark Dunn
13. Stupid and Contagious, Caprice Crane
14. Running with Scissors, Augusten Burroughs
15. Bitter is the New Black, Jen Lancaster
16. Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office, Lois P. Frankel
17. I Love Everybody (and Other Atrocious Lies), Laurie Notaro
18. Running in Heels, Anna Maxted
19. She’s Come Undone, Wally Lamb
20. Sushi for Beginners, Marian Keyes
21. Jemima J, Jane Green
22. Something Borrowed, Emily Giffin
23. The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho
24. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Betty Smith
25. Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret, Judy Blume
26. The Gift of Fear, Gavin De Becker
27. Emma, Jane Austen
28. The Hours, Michael Cunningham( I seen the movie and hated it, I don't know what possessed me to read the book too)
29. Mrs. Dalloway, Virginia Woolf
30. The Romance Reader, Pearl Abraham
31. Twilight, Stephenie Meyer (I LOVE all of her books, I just ordered Breaking Dawn, yay! Vampires rule)
32. Blink, Malcolm Gladwell
33. Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation, Lynne Truss
34. A People’s History of the United States, Howard Zinn
35. Manufacturing Consent, Noam Chomsky
36. Swell: A Girl’s Guide to the Good Life, Ilene Rosenzweig
37. I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence, Amy Sedaris
38. Manifesta: Young Women, Feminism, and the Future, Jennifer Baumgardner
39. The Official Guide for GMAT Review
40. Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search…, Elizabeth Gilbert (I read most of it, but I just couldn't get into it, sorry!)
41. Bloodsucking Fiends, Christopher Moore
42. The World According to Mimi Smartypants, Mimi Smartypants
43. The Girls’ Guide to Hunting and Fishing, Melissa Bank
44. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life, Barbara Kingsolver
45. Middlesex, Jeffrey Eugenides
46. The Joy Luck Club, Amy Tan (I love all of Amy Tan's books, the mother daughter relationships are amazing)
47. The Singing Creek where the Willows Grow, Opal Stanley Whitely
48. I Am America (And So Can You), Stephen Colbert
49. No One Belongs Here More Than You: Stories, Miranda July
50. Shopgirl, Steve Martin
51. Good In Bed, Jennifer Weiner (Her books make me happy)
52. A Million Little Pieces, James Frey (the content was okay I just found it annoying how they wrote it)
53. The Thorn Birds, Colleen McCullough
54. The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks
55. Confessions of a Shopoholic, Sophie Kinsella
56. Sex and the City, Candace Bushnell
57. See Jane Date, Melissa Senate

0 comments: