CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Frustration

My grandmother (mom's mom) and I are not that close. She is a lovely woman, however she puts up with too much shit from my uncle. She is 79 years old raising two teen granddaughters because her son is too messed up on drugs to do anything with them as is their mom. She has undergone some serious health issues in the last 10 years. Stomach cancer, half of her stomach was removed and part of her intestine. Chemo therapy, numerous surgeries, chronic arthritis pain.... and raising two kids that do not appreciate her. Not many can stand by to watch. Its horrible.
Yesterday she went to the doctor because she is forgetting a lot, getting extremely bad headaches, and it lethargic. They found a lesion on her brain...they do not know much about it except how wide it looks, they are going to do a MRI to see how deep it is and if they need to do anything about it. One of the doctors said that it could be beginning stages of Alzheimer's or an aneurysm. It honestly breaks my heart to see her go through this and still have to come home to a house full of idiots. I do feel bad for my cousins, please don't get me wrong. They have been raised by my grandma since the oldest was a few months old. They only treat her the way they do because of my uncle. It still should not happen. She does everything she can for them.
Grrr.

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Yeah, that would be a good point. However, my uncle lives with them and is violent. So, she is afraid to do much in fear of him.