CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Miracle

A miracle. This is probably the hardest topic to write about. I have started at least four times, four different interpretations of the word miracle. Not one seemed to echo the right feeling in me...then I realized, they were all about me. If a miracle would happen I would be rich, have a new house, be pregnant, never worry again...etc. Well, that's really not how I feel. If a miracle would happen or if I had the power to create/make a miracle happen I would want it worldwide.... to end, suffering, war, disease, pain, hopelessness... I would want everyone to benefit from my miracle. I am just a small blip on the map, who else would notice if the miracle only happened to me? What would your miracle be?

3 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

Yes, you nailed it! Wouldn't that be a true miracle?!

Anonymous said...

I would want children to not have to suffer - EVER! To all be loved, have homes and be cherished!

My selfish miracle would be for me to be divorced and have our own home!

Rebecca said...

Just a thought, but to end world suffering may not be a good thing. It's because there's pain that there's also pleasure. The bad makes the good that much better. We value life and health because we understand how precious it is. Without suffering we would de-value life itself. Ya ya, I may not be a Christian, but that whole "free will" argument is a pretty good one.

Instead I would opt for something along the lines of giving every one on Earth OPPORTUNITY. The chance to be who they want to be. It wouldn't be easy for everybody, just that everybody would have the chance if they choose to take it.

If I somehow go home to find a huge pile of cash waiting for me, well that wouldn't be a miracle, but it would be awesomely wonderfully awesome and great!!! :)