CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Up Way Too Early....

Especially for a Saturday morning! My life this month is incredibly insane. I have exactly no free time at all. I am going to summer school, so I can graduate in one year, instead of a year and a half. So, just school and work take up my Monday's through Thursday's. On Friday-Saturday-Sunday I have training. I am getting trained to work with trauma victims, especially rape, child abuse and domestic violence. So, that in and of itself is emotionally draining. This is only beginning the second weekend and I am truly exhausted. I am hoping the rest of the month just flies on by and July comes quick! I took the entire month of July off, to rest! Oh, my birthday and anniversary just so happen to occur in the same month, so yay!
Just so you know, I am clumsy. Clumsy is probably not strong enough of a word. I am pretty much a world class Klutz. I tend to fall/trip/dump/spill/stain on a regular basis. Now that you know my background lets tell you a story:
On Wednesday I took off of work to attend a workshop. I was dressed informally, jeans and a nice top, with wedge sandals on. Where I live only has street parking and I parked on the other side of the block, right next to a huge yard that wasn't fenced. So, I was being lazy and decided to walk through the yard. (that part will come in handy later) When I finally got to the workshop I some how managed to get my shoe caught in my pants and ended up twisting my foot, not my ankle, my foot. It started hurting, not too bad but enough to feel that something wasn't right. The workshop was about six hours long and when it was over I got in the car and looked down and my whole foot (just one) was swollen so much that my sandals were leaving dents in my foot. I get home and put some ice on it and the swelling recedes...then tons of little red dots start popping out! I started freaking out and then I remembered that when I was little I was extremely allergic to grass, among other things. I hurried up and took a benedryl and the dots went away by the next day, but the swelling was back! Yuck! I went to work but ended up skipping class because it was getting stiff from being so swollen. It is finally down more today and it doesn't hurt, I guess that is all I can ask for!
As you can see, I couldn't be normal and just twist my ankle. Oh NO! I had to reinstate an old allergy that hasn't popped up much since I was 10. Oh the fun it is to be me!

0 comments: