CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Funny question.

I was at the evil empire today (Walmart) and picked up all the essentials like shampoo and soap. I even made it to the register in record time which was a new experience. I tend to have ADD when I go to stores and end up buying a whole lot of crap I don't need. All my goodies were rung up and put in the bag, I swiped my card and of course the machine wasn't working so the lady asked for my signature on the receipt. I whip off my John Hancock and she looked at it and then asked me. "Is that your signature?" Um, no. When you blinked an evil monkey came out of no where and stole my pen and signed for me.
Here are a few things she could have done or said:

  1. Can I see your ID (should have been asked for anyway)
  2. Actually look at ID and look to see how I signed my it.
  3. OR the SMARTEST thing she could have done:
    1. FLIP OVER MY CREDIT CARD AND LOOK AT THAT SIGNATURE!
So, I just politely said "Yep, that's my signature." and walked away. Good job cashier! So, for all of you credit card thieves out there, go to her!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Evil Empire? Why? For bringing millions of jobs to Americans? For bringing less expensive goods to the people, allowing them to stretch their dollar further?

Why is that so wrong? Walmart is an amazing company which gives soooo much to charity AND takes very good care of their employees.

I don't get it... I've never worked there, but I am very very picky about what companies I'll spend my disposable dollar with, Walmart definitely ranks high on the list!

Shannon said...

Hey now. I'm not being political in the least bit. I say evil empire only on the basis that I spend WAY too much when I'm there, because they have great deals...

Rebecca said...

Haha - okay, I get it! :)

Rebecca said...

Whew, isn't it fun when I stir up trouble though? ;)

Shannon said...

lol sure! It keeps me on my toes! :p